LIVE WILD!!!!


Starts with the DREAM, Ends with the DREAM
只要是您赐予我的命运,我都愿意屈服—— I wonder why my tears won't stop
You just treat me like a game, and I lose

2010年6月5日星期六

Computing Camp in Chung Hwa day1

Dear Blog~

For the 1st time, I had the feeling of loving camp
Maybe because of the luck~
At the beginning, we( 123,ce杰,欣,me,dominick,初三A的学长,“rosey”n 两位学姐) thought that we'r gonna sit together while listening to the 讲座。。。
Then during the Camp introduction, those people said that they are gonna spilt us into 12 group with randomly choosing any campers
those group leader are from Singapore, there was the one and only female as the group leader=.=
She is only 21/22, young and clever one too!
ok, let's continue back with my nervous time!!!
The grouping!!!
After annoucing each group names and the group leader, we will check if our name were in the list
the 1st group "randy" was only for teachers~=.=
Then until "Pentium" this group, my name appeared on the screen.....
and wait a sec... ker Xin also screamed"ah!!! 有我的名字啊!!"
来来来~我们面对面~又喊得多激动啊!!
I was sooooo scared that I will be alone with a group of boys=.= and all form4,5,6
P/S: many boys , the number of girls is small=.=
Now, I'm with Ker xin~ not lonely, just fun~
Got friend with me liao mah~
But at 1st, I was also nervous how to 跟他们相处=。=
But after lunch break, 倒是跟一些人相处得不错
Oh ya, forgot to mention it, after grouping us , 就一起呆着的了~吃饭哒,讲座哒都一起坐~=。=
My group leader came from China,所以发音很准=。=
and a humiliating scene happened btw me n him=.=
我问”wat is zoological park?”
他说:动物园(中国超准发音)
我又说:动物园?(马来西亚发音)
他又说:动物园!
我又说:是啦,动物园啦!
学生a说:zoo ah
我说:ya lah, i know~
他说:听到冬菇园?????
我的发音有这么。。。=。=
(用华语讲算了)
第一个讲师有讲笑话的~
很好笑说真的
It is something like that
lost in translation
There's the story about the computer designed to translate between Russian and English. The English phrase "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" was submitted and then the Russian translation of that was re-submitted for conversion back to English. The result: "The wine is good but the meat is rotten."
In the early days of computing, in the 80's, a London university tried to develop a program that was so sophisticated it could translate several thousand colloquial phrases. At the official press conference a reporter entered the English phrase "Out of sight, out of mind". The resultant Russian was translated back to English: "Blind ,Idiot"..
好笑对吧!!
之后是作业时间
刚开始不明白,之后了解了,但是并没有深入的那种
啊拉,后面不写=。=
我要睡了!!
说真的很累!!!
数学都不懂几时能完成=。=

3 条评论:

leonghw 说...

Haha.... That's good reflection of your day at the camp. I hope that at the end you all team members got along well together. Yes? Most of all, hope you had fun and learn more about what computing is about... --hon-wai

leonghw 说...

Actually, the only female team leader, Carmen Cheh is only 17/18 years old. --hon-wai

JanJon 说...

Haha, she'll be glad to hear this. She doesn't like people to think that she's young :-)